A collection of PowerShell related blogs
Yahoo Pipe - PowerShell collection
PowerShell user group site
PowerShell Virtual user groups
IRC - #PowerShell on Freenode
I did this with the Drupal 5 change log. This is early as 6 isn't released, but I got curious and with my other project taking most of my time I thought I'd pause and decipher what I could of the change log again. This time I added a lot of links to some of the issues. It is not ALL the issues, merely the starter one. Any incorrect links are accidental.
Something to keep in mind is to realize that some of these issues have taken more then one version of Drupal to get in. They have evolved and developed into better solutions.
Drupal 6.0, xxxx-xx-xx (development version) ---------------------- - New watchdog as a hook functionality. * New hook_watchdog that can be implemented by any module to route log messages to various destinations. * Expands the severity levels from 3 (Error, Warning, Notice) to the 8 levels defined in RFC 3164. * The watchdog module is now called dblog, and is optional, but enabled by default in the default install profile. * Extended the database log module so log messages can be filtered. * Added syslog module: useful for monitoring large Drupal installations.
- Added optional e-mail notifications when users are approved, blocked, or deleted.
- Added versioning support to node terms.
- Drupal works with error reporting set to E_ALL.
- Added scripts/drupal.sh to execute Drupal code from the command line. Useful to use Drupal as a framework to build command-line tools.
- Made signature support optional and made it possible to theme signatures.
- Made it possible to filter the URL aliases on the URL alias administration screen.
- Moved "PHP input filter" to a stand-alone module so it can be deleted for security reasons.
Reduce change of updates over writing a sites settings.php
Settings.php will be more specific. Usability improvement and eye candy for password strength. Issue
Remembering anonymous comment posters
- Refactored update.php to a generic batch API to be able to run time consuming operations in multiple subsequent HTTP requests.
- Installer: * Themed the installer with the Garland theme. * Added form to provide initial site information during installation. * Added ability to provide extra installation steps programmatically. * Made it possible to import interface translations at install time.
- Added the HTML corrector filter: * Fixes faulty and chopped off HTML in postings. * Tags are now automatically closed at the end of the teaser.
- File handling improvements: * Entries in the files table are now keyed to a user, and not a node. * Added re-usable validation functions to check for uploaded file sizes, extensions, and image resolution.
- Forum improvements: * Any node type may be posted in a forum.
- Added support for OpenID.
- Added support for configurable actions.
- Made user profiles easier to theme by using array rendering and supplying template files.
- Added the Update status module to automatically check for available updates and warn sites if they are missing security updates or newer versions.
Thanks to CHX for several of the issue links.
Here is a link to browse on the history of changes.
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.